We’re lucky to have so many interesting urban and outdoor places in the Madison area that make for beautiful photo backdrops.
Here are a few of my favorite family adventures to shoot:
- Grab ice cream at your favorite place and walk together to a playground.
- Plan a picnic in your backyard or neighborhood park.
- Go for an urban art walk down State Street, around Capitol Square, or on Willy Street.
- Tag along with your pup to the dog park.
- Get early morning coffee and donuts and walk along the lake.
Maybe you just want to stick around home. I love that too! What do you like to do together as a family? Are there any milestones that you’d like documented? Maybe your daughter just learned to tie her shoes, or your son just learned their first song on the piano?
Here are a few ideas of what you could do at home:
- Have a tickle fight
- Play a board game
- Sing and dance to your favorite song
- Bake cookies or make a snack like popcorn
- Play dress up
- Get out your favorite toys
- Jump on the bed (if your parents are okay with it!)
- Read a book together
- Play outside! Bike, swing, hike, go to your favorite playground, etc.
- Play an instrument
We have so much variety for photography backdrops because we live in the midwest. Here are some ideas to take advantage of the seasons in Wisconsin:
- Celebrate a birthday!!
- Pick strawberries
- Go to an apple orchard
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Fall … Anything fall because of the changing color
- Go to a Christmas tree farm to cut down your own tree
- Decorate your Christmas tree
- Brave the cold and go outside in the winter! Ice skate, build a snowman, have a snowball fight, or go sledding
I hope this helps you think of how you’d like your family to be photographed or documented with video. As always, feel free to contact me with your ideas or questions!